Wellsville, Addison & Galeton
January 31, 1972
Elkland, Pennsylvania was the easternmost point on the Wellsville, Addison & Galeton; a continuation to Addison, New York was abandoned in 1960 due to an unsafe bridge. A New York Central branch also reached Elkland, but this branch was progressively cut back to Elkland between 1933 and 1964; at one point it continued all the way to Ulysses, Pennsylvania, where it connected with the Coudersport & Port Allegany.
The orange and cream paint scheme was standard with the Salzberg family's properties.
Last updated 3/1/2018. Text and photo ©2018 Lamont Downs.